Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thank You, Pioneer Woman

For the past many months Mrs. High-Carb Carl has been obsessed with The Pioneer Woman. 

I gave my bride the gift of sight for Christmas (laser surgery) and still think her favorite gift may be the Ree Drummond cookbook she got from her mom.

Most weeks she tries at least one new Pioneer Woman recipe, planning the grocery list around the listed ingredients.  This week it was chicken pot pie.  And it was money.

Just look at this golden masterpiece…


Two thoughts raced through my mind as I devoured my second man-sized piece:
  1. Pot pie is awesome.  How could I have never appreciated it before?  It’s like a meat and three (or five) with dessert, all in one package.  Anything is good baked inside a flaky pie crust.
  2. Pioneer Woman is awesome.  She has transformed my wife’s entire outlook on the kitchen and I am reaping the benefits.
  3. My wife is awesome.  We still laugh about meals she botched when we were dating; so many that we both agreed that I should do the cooking.  Now she is the primary cook, and is really good at it.
Okay, that was more than two thoughts.  It all happened so fast.

Thank you, Pioneer Woman, for domesticating my football-loving, beer-drinking, strikingly-beautiful-in-all-the-right-feminine-ways-but-so-cool-in-a-non-girly-sort-of-way wife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment