Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Honey Butter Makes It Better

I make a concerted effort to limit the amount of energy and space I devote on this blog to anything having to do with chain restaurants.  I will make some exceptions, such as the honey butter croissants from Rafferty’s. 

My mother introduced me to croissants when I was a boy with the occasional plastic-wrapped box from the grocery, and I’ve always appreciated the buttery, flaky, airy texture. It’s unlike any other bread.  Even the unauthentic canned Pillsbury variety is good. (I mean no disrespect to Pillsbury.  I love everything about Pillsbury.  In fact I plan to pay homage to their products on this blog.  They have mastered mass-produced breads and sweets.) 

MiniMe and I periodically hit Rafferty’s in our weeknight routine largely because she loves their croissants.  There is really nothing special about the croissants.  They are quite average, and are usually served at room temperature.  Any bread is best served warm in my opinion.

The thing that makes these croissants unique is the honey butter drizzle on top.  I think they call it butter, but it’s more like icing.  Even in this low-light, poor quality photo, you can see its seductive glisten…


Say what you will about the French, but they did a good thing in croissants. 

Add some honey butter/icing, and you’ve got carbs fit for a princess.


No comments:

Post a Comment