Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy Day to Us

Mrs. H-CC and I celebrated two blissful years of marriage on July 18, 2011.

Because we vacation with family every June and July, we made an agreement to take a weekend anniversary getaway every September. I get the joy of planning the trip and surprising her. This year we are going to [censored]!
We’re always home on the actual day of our wedding, so we celebrate by going to our favorite restaurant – Stoney River steakhouse. When I sleep I don’t see sugarplums. This is what dances through my head:

 




Since my first Stoney River experience several years ago, I’ve told anyone who will listen – and many people who wouldn’t – that it is my absolute favorite restaurant of all time. I won’t argue that you can’t find a better steak somewhere else. I admit there are proprietary spots around the country that probably offer better food, unique atmospheres and all that jazz. But to me Stoney River provides the best end-to-end meal in Nashville, or anywhere else I’ve been.
The fried bread and homemade honey cinnamon butter starts it off. The steaks are amazing. The au gratin potatoes are exceptional. The fudge cake is the best dessert I’ve ever had in a restaurant.

It’s consistent. You know what you are going to get. They always meet or exceed expectations.
It’s not stuffy. The ambiance is upscale, but not pretentious like some comparable places where you’ll spend more than $100 on dinner for two. You feel like your money is going toward the food, not the atmosphere, and it’s worth every penny.

Of course the best part of the meal is looking across the table at my beautiful bride. I wouldn’t care if we had anniversary dinner at Denny’s, as long as I can see her smile.
Happy anniversary, Soulmate. I’m the luckiest man in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Aw! I love Stoney River too. I can't wait to hear where this year's trip is to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me either, Val!

    Such a sweet post, my love. :)

    ReplyDelete